Castle of Mey

The Castle of Mey is located on the north coast of Caithness, looking out towards Orkney.

The castle used to belong to the Queen Mother who bought it in 1952.

Now managed by the Castle of Mey Trust, this intimate historical home is still used by the Royal Family and features gardens, an animal centre, gift shop and tea rooms.

Located around 6.5 miles west of John O’Groats and 13.5 miles east of Thurso town centre, the castle is open annually from May to September.

  • Created by:
    Scothighlands
  • Uploaded on:
    2019-10-25
  • Tags:
    Castles
  • Locations:
    Mey , Caithness